This is my second time to cover the Australian franchise of X Factor. Last season was fun and this season is equally entertaining as well. The judges’ banters were crazy fiesty as well. Ooh Redfoo and Dani don’t backed down. And can I just say that Ronan Keating and host, Luke Jacobz looked really handsome. Oh my!
Nonetheless, it’s been really fun covering this season and I must say I have some favorites that excelled really well on this competition.
Now with no further adieu. Here is my list of 20 Best Performances of X Factor Australia – Season 6. This is really bias so I don’t expect you all to agree with my choices.
20. Brothers 3
– The song choice worked well on the novelty of this act. They were not bad singers but there is something folksy about them that actually fits here. The solos sounded nice and their harmonies were pretty tight.
19. Sydnee Carter
– The whole production looked nice. The delivery works perfectly on how it was produced and crafted. Her vocals were front and center.
Girl On Fire
– Her tone sounded pretty well in this track. Her vocals didn’t allow the back track to drown her. The liberties she took were nice. Plus, her pitch is on point all the time.
– The individual vocals sounded on point. Serenity’s rap verse was delicious and beautiful. The whole thing because there are dynamics in here that created texture in this performance.
16. Reigan Derry
Dog Days Are Over
– I am not sure why some of the judges didn’t like it but I thought this worked pretty well in Reigan’s strength. Her vocals were beautiful. The liberties she took were gorgeous. Plus, this is the most fun I’ve seen Reigan worked the stage.
15. Dean Ray
– He tried to recreate his “Budapest” moment by doing the same thing with this uptempo track. Dean successfully capture the beauty of the simplistic performance. Sure it wasn’t as great as “Budapest” but he still managed to sing on pitch and work on his strength effortlessly.
– The passion in his delivery is superb. Her vocals weren’t perfect but there is drama – that was enough – and dynamics that he was able to deliver quite well.
13. Reigan Derry
Only Love Can Hurt Like This
– Reigan did it exceptionally well. Her vocals were glorious. Her phrasing is simply beautiful. And I love how she manage to connect with the material emotionally and technically.
12. Dean Ray
Top 3 – Finale
– One of the best recorded original song, Dean showed his artistry here but still keeping a radio-friendly essence. His vocals were nicely done and his tone, so divine!
Top 3 – Finale
– When she did this during her auditions, it was shrill. But as Marlisa grew in the competition, she managed to work on her pitch, her tone sounded pretty nice and the whole thing worked quite well to her delivery. It was solid, powerful yet vulnerable.
10. Dean Ray
– Dean pulled an emotional one here. Despite his vocals cracked in the middle and his wobbly notes, it was still a strong and vulnerable performance that he played well in this performance.
9. Sydnee Carter
– The song choice works perfectly on Sydnee’s tone. Her delivery was silky smooth and delicately beautiful. This is Sydnee’s best performance to date.
Stand By You
Top 3 – Finale
– Her track sounded radio friendly. It works on her tone pretty well and there are dynamics in her delivery that is simply stunning. This is yet another solid performance from Marlisa.
7. Reigan Derry
– She managed to put drama on something dramatic but it worked. Her vocals were beautiful. Her tone sounded divine and her ability to work on her production is simply impressive.
– And this happened. These girls surprisingly jell well with each other. They’ve figured out on how to use their vocals in creating dynamics in their performance. Plus the rap verse added additional color on this already solid performance.
5. Jason Heerah
– There are parts where he overwrought his verses but the whole performance is simply beautiful. It was well thought. The vocals were strong and the delivery is genuinely impressive.
4. Dean Ray
Into My Arms
– Emotionally powerful. His vocals cracked a bit but I guess that adds impact to this very genuine performance. It was a little dramatic but I digress.
Top 2 – Finale
– When she did it the first time, it was impressive. But when she performed it during the final 2 showdown? It was over the top amazing! There’s confidence on her delivery thy we haven’t seen before. Her pitch is flawless. Her vocals were spot on. Everything just worked well in her favor.
2. Reigan Derry
Stay With Me
– Her playing in the piano is a welcoming surprise. The whole thing proved that she can do ballads too and not just rely on production. Her delivery? Stunning albeit some overdone runs. This is probably Reigan’s strongest performance to date.
1. Dean Ray
– Dean pulled this out of his bag of tricks and I fell in love with him. The song choice – not that popular – but to be honest, he made me love it. His vocals, sweet, smooth and perfect. His dynamics were there. The phrasing is impressive. The whole thing just worked perfectly. Who would’ve thought that Dean has this soft side.