It’s the final night of Twitter Save!!! Yes!!! And tonight’s theme is “Arena Songs” and it is so vague, I bet it is just an excuse theme to allow the contestants to sing whatever they want. Lol. We need better themes!
Okay after last week awkward moment, will that affect Quentin’s chances to make it on tour? We’ll see.
LIGHT MY FIRE
– This was pretty decent. His vocals started little shaky but once he picked up, it was actually a lovely vocal performance. This is good. 7
SHAKE IT OUT
– This is fantastic! While his vocals were not perfect, this is miles improvement from his usual inconsistent vocal performance. His phrasing sounded beautiful. The tone worked so well. The dynamics were lovely. This is probably one of his strongest vocal performance of the show and I am glad he went out with flying colors. This is really good. 8
– I have no words. This has some potential of her having yet another moment but it fell flat, like seriously. The vocals were fine but it was a sleepy performance all in all. 5
9. GO YOUR OWN WAY
– He really isn’t that good with uptempos no? This was vocally strange with hints of pitch issues here and there. When he tried to stretch his vocals towards the end, I felt desperate and unnecessary. Really. This isn’t not as good as I wish it was. 5
8. ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL
– It was fun, yes! But it felt more like a throwaway performance than an actual competent one. The vocals were shaky and messy in times as well. Plus she enunciates so bad, I hardly understand her lyrics. 5.5
– Probably one of Clark’s weakest performance. Yes, the vocals were fine with some pitch problems here and there but the real problem here is the overall impact. It was boring, dragging and just flat. 6
6. PARTY IN THE USA
– Again, just like Jax.. it was fun! But she had better vocals than Jax. And I thought this will not completely work but it did. At the end of the performance, I was satisfied enough. 6.5
5. I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE
– On paper, this is a homerun. Well it should be especially on how well he did with that other Sam Smith song before. But somehow, his vocals here were inconsistent and towards the end it faltered shakily. There are moments that sounded pretty good but some moments were messy. 7
– I really find his phrasing on those high registers unpleasant. It sounds more like squeal which is unusual since Clark sounded better before. With that being said, this sound current and hip. A couple of pitch issues and wobbly notes, but the overall is simply decent. 7
3. HARDER TO BREATHE
– The beginning fell a little shaky but once Nick picked up, he never really looked back. Again this is a competent and solid vocals from him and his tone actually sounded beautiful with the track. 7.5
2. MAGGIE MAY
– At first I wasn’t sure but once Nick opened his mouth and the energy levels up to a more fun, solid and strong quality, I thought this was fantastic! Sure he didn’t changed it up, but it was vocally solid and entertaining. 8
1. WHITE FLAG
– It’s official, Jax needs to stay in the piano for her whole run with Idol if she wants to take that crown. This was beautiful. A couple of uneven vocal choices but even with that I thought it was gorgeous. The vocals were lovely. Her phrasing was great. Her enuncuation was better. Good job! 8.5
PS: None of these songs are Arena Anthems. Haha So wtf?