Christina, Adam and Blake only has one member left for their team, while Pharrell is rallying two people for the finale next week. Most probably, Pharrell will win this because of Sawyer Fredericks who has been killing it in the itunes charts every single week.
I find it hard to root for any of the remaining contestants to be honest. Aw.
Tonight each contestant will sing two songs and they had their homecoming.
Now let us rank the remaining five artist that will battle it out on who will get those 4 tickets to the finale next week.
ROUND 1: COACH’S PICKS
5. MEGHAN LINSEY
I’m Not The Only One
– The country-fied version was off. Her vocals were shaky. The arrangement didn’t exactly worked. Her delivery became shouty from the middle towards the end. This was just almost painful. 5
4. JOSHUA DAVIS
I Can’t Make You Love Me
– While the vocals sounded smooth and silky here and the rasp quality on her voice provided some dynamics. But the overall delivery was just boring and sleepy. 6
3. SAWYER FREDERICKS
For What It’s Worth
– This was the same thing Sawyer has been doing every week and I never really saw what is new about it. Again, the vocals were pretty decent but nothing spectacular. 6.5
2. KORYN HAWTHORNE
– It was almost homerun but the vocals here were a bit shaky. Plus, the vocals sounded hoarsed a bit. But then this is a decent showing from Koryn and there are moments that are pretty. 7
1. INDIA CARNEY
– I actually liked this. The restrained she delivered was quite beautiful. Her vocals were front and center. This is really nice. Not perfect but quite nice. 7.5
ROUND 2: HOMETOWN DEDICATION
5. JOSHUA DAVIS
When I Paint My Masterpiece
– I’m not sure if the arrangement completely worked but the bluegrass quality somehom made Joshua’s performance a bit livelier. Still, the vocals were tad sleepy. 7
4. MEGHAN LINSEY
– It was simple albeit over the top vocals again in most parts but this is way better than the first one. It was right on Meghan’s alley and she was able to connect fully with the song. This is quite good. 7.5
3. SAWYER FREDERICKS
A Thousand Years
– This is for me Sawyer’s best performance of the season so far. His vocals, a bit affected, but his strongest to date. I never thought this will work, but he did worked the song beautifully. The arrangement also worked here which is unusual because Sawyer’s performances are usually the same every single week. 8
2. INDIA CARNEY
– The vocals here were solid and strong. This is India’s best performance to date for me. I didn’t like the sing choice but the theatrics, the vocals and the drama and even the staging worked beautifully here! 8
1. KORYN HAWTHORNE
Oh, Mary Don’t You Weep
– This is spectacular! This is like “Make it rain” all over again and she provided really good vocals and great staging. Not a fan of the religious song choice but somehow I didn’t mind afterall. 8.5