SAYWER FREDERICKS is THE VOICE SEASON 8 WINNER!!!!
Surprise! Surprise! Not. Haha. We all saw this coming especially if you have watched this season from Blinds ’til last night’s finale performance show. Sawyer Fredericks of Team Pharrell is a runaway winner. He has been consistently doing well on itunes sales and even those times he did poorly in terms of performance? He still manage to sell his songs on itunes and escaped the bottom sing off. This kid has people and it proves as his two songs ranked 2 and 3 on itunes, only behind Taylor Swift’s Bad Blood.
Nonetheless, I think we had a really strong crop of contestants on The Voice this season and even if we had a very predictable ending, I still think this season had a good run. Will Sawyer Fredericks will be finally this show’s breakout artist? It has been an argument since forever that The Voice hasn’t really produced any singing superstar even if they are winning in ratings game.
Okay, the finale results night is jam-packed with performances from both guest artists and the Top 20. We also saw the coaches performed a tribute for B.B King.
Here are some highlights of tonight’s finale show.
• Adam, Christina, Pharrell and Blake performed “The Thrill Is Gone“ as a tribute for B.B King.
• Kelly Clarkson is in this house which weirded me out a bit but then she’s nailing this duet with finalist, Koryn Hawthorne. They sang, “I’d Rather Go Blind“. This is so gooood!
• Meghan Trainor is also here, singing a different arrangement of her song “Dear Future Husband“.
• Luke Bryan also performs and even if he is such a cutie, I hated this song. Lol.
• Fillers of the Coaches which is a season tradition. Funny clips especially the ones of Christina and Blake Shelton.
• Kelly Clarkson is doing a double duty? She’s back on stage with finalist, Meghan Linsey and they sang her new song, “Invincible“.
• Ed Sheeran also performs tonight. This time he sings, “Photograph“. Yesss!
• Sheryl Crow is joined by finalist, Joshua Davis and they perform “Give it to me“. Lovely duet, I must say.
• John Fogerty is sing with eventual champ, Sawyer Fredericks. John outshining Sawyer in an effortless fashion. Haha.
• Maroon 5 are also here and they perform, “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt…“. I don’t dig this song as much as their first three songs released.
• Meghan Linsey invited fellow Team Blake artist, Sarah Potenza for a “Piece Of My Heart“ duet. This is a shout fest.
• Joshua Davis sings “She Talks To Angels“ with Corey Kent White, Brian Johnson, Deanna Johnson and Kimberly Nichole. It can do well with Kimberly alone. Haha.
• Sawyer Fredericks is singing “Lie To Me“ with Mia Z, Brooke Adee and Lowell Oakley.
• For her bring back performance, Koryn Hawthorne is singing “Uptown Funk“ with Tonya-Boyd Cannon, Caitlin Caporale, India Carney, Mia Z and Lexi Davila. This is GIRL POWER!!!
• Winners were announced at the end of the show and I got it right:
3rd Runner-Up: Koryn Hawthorne (Team Pharrell)
2nd Runner-Up: Joshua Davis (Team Adam)
1st Runner-Up: Meghan Linsey (Team Blake)
Winner: Sawyer Fredericks (Team Pharrell)
This is the first win of Pharrell and he even got a win than veteran coach, Christina? Haha girl needs to keep herself in the game again.