X Factor UK is back for a new season with brand new hosts, some new judges and a new goal of finding the next One Direction, Little Mix or Olly Murs! Speaking of Olly, he is actually one of the new hosts this season together with Caroline Flack.
Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw will seat as the new judges of season 12. They will join returning judges, Simon Cowell and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini.
So how the first night of auditions went.
Susan Pryce – No Limit
– Joke contestant! This is a complete joke but she got through because she entertained the crowd. Boo. 1
Lauren Murray – Somebody Else’s Guy
– Oops. She missed her start but she recovered well! Once she picked up, she never turned back. Her vocals were big and the range were crazy. She was almost on pitch perfecf. 7.5
Jennifer Phillips – Shackles
– This was very dynamic. She created a good build up that once she reached that, she managed to keep the crowd going. Her vocals weren’t perfect but she can really sing. It was fun and vocally good. 7.5
Tom Davies – As Long As You Love Me
– Tom was a good looking guy but this was a bit meh. Vocally decent but nothing reqlly groundbreaking. 5.5
Mason Noise – Señorita
– Much like Tom, this is decent but nothing really something you will remember after the show. 5.5
Tom Bleasby – Make You Feel My Love
– His voice is quite thin for the song. I agree with Simon, he is a bit polarizing. This is quite a blah for me too. 5
4th Power – Bang, Bang
– Sisters from the Philippines. They’ve been veterans of singing competitions and it is quite commendable that they flew all the way from the Philippines just to audition. On a side note, I didn’t know international acts can audition. Nonetheless, these 4 killed it! The command on stage were impeccable. The vocals were not perfect but they were explosive and they had quite good harmonies here and there! This is solid! 7.5
Louisa Johnson – Who’s Loving You
– Girl can sing! Wow, she has big pipes. The vocals were quite good. I was just looking for some dynamics because I feel like she attacked the song big right away. But then all in all, this was good. 7