We are down to our final 4. Team Madden is represented by two artists in the name of Joe Moore and Nathan Hawes, Liam Maihi is representing Team Ricky and new coach Jessie J is being represented by Ellie Drennan. Unfortunately for Team Delta, they come to the finale empty handed.
For me this is a diverse and solid top 4. I actually enjoy covering The Voice Australia season 4.
Now on to the show.
ROUND 1: SOLO
– Liam, just like any other performance of his, started really quite well but it just went a bit all over the plance once the band kicked in and he threw some of his notes around. This showed promise but fell short. 6
Don’t Think Twice
– It was an understated performance but very well disconnect. The whole thing sounded decent albeit being sleepy in parts. It was good but I feel like it lacks passion at some point. 6.5
– Beautiful! His radio-ready tone is backed up with that quiet confidence and palpable stage presence that made Joe a very reliable vocalist. He sings like every material he has suited for him. This is another solid performance from Joe! 8
Nothing Compares 2 U
– The vocals here were exquisite. While it wasn’t perfect because of some bum notes, it made the performance actually charming and beautiful. I like this. Quite haunting and pop lovely. 8
Liam Maihi (4th Runner-Up)
Nathan Hawes (3rd Runner-Up)
ROUND 2: ORIGINAL SONGS
– Again, the song allowed us to welcome Joe as a radio hit wonder that given any material, he will work on it. The vocals were nice and the overall performance is something you can hear on the radio today. 8
– The vocals were still solid but the song didn’t allow Ellie to do much on it. It was a lovely vocal performance. A decent original song. 7
WINNER OF THE VOICE AUSTRALIA SEASON 4….