It’s the top 11 performing before the massive bloodbath will happen very soon. I still can’t fathom that idea and where and why did they thought of doing that massive eliminations. Ugh. Sometimes, The Voice really gives me headache.
Also, the song spoilers left me with the realization that Pharrell just gives the most dated song choices ever. And he is doing a “Luke Wade” treatment on Evan McKeel no? I feel bad because that guy was once a front runner favorite and can really sing but he is – just like Luke before – saddled with these old, dated & baffling song choices.
Also, can these coaches say anything other than the repetitive “you moved me”, “you can win this season” etc.. maybe some comstructive criticisms guys?!
Anyway on with the show.
11. ZACH SEABAUGH
Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not
– He was singing off key the whole time no? 2
10. BARRETT BABER
– This didn’t really do any favors for Barrett at all. 3
9. EVAN MCKEEL
– Boring. Bland. Forgettable. 5
8. BRAIDEN SUNSHINE
– Sure, he hits a couple of bad notes but somehow there is a part of this performance where Braiden sounded pretty. 6
7. KORIN BUKOWSKI
– The first half sounded terrific but once she hit the chorus until the bridge, she just lost it. I know Korin has some amazing range but her performances are just lacking until now. 6.5
6. SHELBY BROWN
You & I
– While I thought this would be a “moment” for her, Shelby didn’t really give anything extraordinary or special in here. It could be wise for Adam and her to show her versatility but I feel like despite some good moments, it was a throaway performance from her. 6.5
5. JORDAN SMITH
Who You Are
– Jordan has a nice voice and while I thought this will be another opportunity for him to deliver but after his performance I just felt cold. It felt underwhelming. His vocals weren’t spot on. But still I think this is good enough. 7
4. MADI DAVIS
Love Is Blindness
– The arrangement, song and overall production could be a bit polarizing but there is no denying that Madi sounded beautiful. There is power yet emotional depthness from her that is admirable. 7.5
3. EMILY ANN ROBERTS
Why Not Me
– I have never been a fan of country music but Emily is undeniably the strongest artist in Team Blake. She’s charming and full of personality, and it translates well with her performance. Not to mention, she sounded pretty good and her verses were solid! 7.5
2. AMY VACHAL
– It was inventive, risky but I thought this was miles better than last week. Sure she sounded too airy in parts but I don’t mind as the end result was actually good. 7.5
1. JEFFERY AUSTIN
Dancing On My Own
– In a pool of talented artist, Jeffery pulled out another soulful, emotionally connected and solid vocal performance. His vocals were gorgeous and how nuanced her delivery is is quite remarkable. Great job! 8