It’s the culmination of the 9th season The Voice and yes it was that fast! This show needed some season break interval at some point but I guess the ratings and impact is still giving the producers and the network so much money, a break is nowhere near the future.
Anyway, season 9 has been spoiled since the blind audition of eventual winner Jordan Smith. Not that he is bad singer nor a terrible kid, but the obvious pimping from the coaches backed up with a great story line and edit is just the perfect recipe for his crown. Not to mention, he was an itunes jaggernaut seller!
But even if the season became lame and predictable, I must say there are really incredible performances that define this season of The Voice.
So with no further adieu, here are my subjective list of which I think were the 20 Best Performances of The Voice 9.
– From her tone alone, I fell in love with Ivonne from the moment she opened her mouth. It was rich, interesting and there’s a good quirk on it that is recognizable without being too polarizing. Was it a perfect audition? No. But it was memorable enough to stand out.
– On my ears, Jeffery is the real stand out of the season. Save from his finale performances, he was the most consistent and probably a personal favorite of mine. His weakest of his best performances (his audition was good for honorable mention) on my list is his take on now popular Labyrinth’s hit, Jealous. His control is breathtaking. The dynamics he displayed is simply solid.
18. BRAND NEW GIRLFRIEND
– Look, Zach isn’t the best vocalist on Team Blake but to my surprise everything work on him during this performance. The beginning was cool and then when the band kicks in, it was another level of energy and the hip grinding was just an added touch. He sounded good and there’s just an infinite charisma in his confidence on stage that was remarkable that night.
17. DANCING ON MY OWN
– Dancing on my own is yet another reality show favorite to cover this year and Jeffery took a risk in doing such not so popular track. Again he sounded really good on the track and there is beauty in his storytelling that created a magical momentum from a now dark horse artist of the competition.
16. PART OF ME
– Ivonne was screwed over when someone else is choosing songs for her. She nailed it when she did Katy Perry’s Part of me because aside from she chose the song, all the beauty of her tone and the great control that she showed is quite lovely.
15. SHE’S GOT YOU
Emily Ann Roberts
– Beautiful! Just a sublime performance and I am saying this as a person who isn’t a country fan. The way she navigated her verses were lovely and there is just gorgeousness in the totality of her delivery.
14. WE DON’T HAVE TO TAKE OUR CLOTHES OFF
– Ellie is probably one of the most memorable auditions of the season. It is not as pimped as that of Jordan or underrated like that of Jeffery but it was well recognized, well received and well performed.
13. TURNING TABLES
– Sam Smith during the auditions then Adele on his knockouts? Jeffery is giving me happy chills! Rightfully he did cover an underrated Adele song and gave it justice. It was beautiful, understated and just lovely in all moments.
12. GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN
– At first I was afraid that Madi would crash and burn just like what happened to Joey Cook (AI14) this year with the same song but there is something interestingly solid in Madi’s cover. She just kept an iconic 80s song and make it sound current. Sure it was a bit too dark but I digress.
11. LIPS ARE MOVIN’
– Lyndsey’s audition is solid! I enjoyed every bit of it. From tye quirky arrangement that she infused with her style yet keeping it with the original. The tone of her voice is lovely. The arrangement was interesting and her phrasing is just lovely.
10. MAKE IT RAIN
– Once he started opening his mouth, I knew he rightfully deserve to be saved and sent through the finale. It wasn’t as gritty as Matt McAndrew or a diva version like that of Koryn Hawthorne but it was simply soulful with a nice touch of ad libs and the liberties he took were breathtaking.
9. THANK YOU
Andi & Alex
– It was ethereal. The combination of their voices were just beautiful! To me it was the best audition of the season. And it worked in all sorts of magical gorgeousness!
8. GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
– The simplicity in his delivery is what sold me especially in that first half. It was the perfect song choice and it gave us a more heartfelt insight of Jordan without any sorts of pimping from the coaches.
7. LET IT GO
– Jeffery is building up a steam for his resume and after that fantastic play-offs performance? I never really thought he would deliver yet another solid one! Taking James Bay’s Let it go, I thought it was a homerun. From his emotional connection to his fantastic dyanmics, Jeffery is just making it easy for me to love him more.
6. BLANK SPACE
– Sure, I always thought Amy can deliver decent performances but could either be sleepy in the end or decently bland. But her take on this Taylor Swift megahit is surely her best to date. It was interesting, memorable and technically solid.
– Sublime! I love how he slowed it down as it gave a more depth especially with what the song was trying to tell. And then Jeffery sung it beautifully with a gorgeous phrasing, not so over the top runs and the ending just sealed it!
4. A CASE OF YOU
– Not gonna lie my benchmark for this song would always that amazing performance of James Wolpert (Season 5) but Madi gave a really competent take on it too. It was sublime, lovely and strong.
Korin Bukowski/Chase Kerby
– You may be surprised, but my favorite battle for this season is the gorgeous of this Korin-Chase duel! It was all sorts of loveliness. Their voices just blended well. It was like butter that is melting beautifully and I can’t really complain. Though not techically perfect, it is just so hard to resist!
2. SOMEBODY TO LOVE
– Glorious! I always say he is definitely a fantastic vocalist but with the pimping I feel like his magic got taken a bit away but with this performance? I was just left in awe. It was unbeleivably stunning!
1. SAY YOU LOVE ME
– I’m done! Best. Of. The. Season. Thank You!