Tonight the original and American Idol queen, Kelly Clarkson, is back to guest judge and also perform as the top 10 are revealed and performs for the public vote.
As a recap, last night 4 artists got a free pass to Top 10 via the judges’ decision. We had Trent Harmon, La’Porsha Renae, Dalton Rapattoni and Olivia Rox getting that priviledge. The rest had to go through some “Wild Card” performance and then the public will vote on who will complete our top 10!
Can we have Kelly Clarkson as guest judge every week? She’s so fun! This is very nostalgic too! I love it. American Idol is making me cry. Also, that performance in the end by Kelly. Wooo! Loved her so much.
Now on to the show.
10. GIANNA ISABELLA
– Too loud! Gianna can sing but she doesn’t really have any control with her vocals. Not to mention, her notes usually betrays her and Listen may have showed her vocal prowess, but it just didn’t gave us an in depth perspective from her. 5
9. TRISTAN MCINTOSH
Nothin’ Like You
– Ooops. Was she off pitch for most part? Tristan to me is losing steam in the competition. After her incredible audition, we are left with underwhelming performances that made me wonder if she peaked too early or if she’s really not ready for primetime. 5.5
8. LEE JEAN
– It was laid back. I feel like it was too laid back to make him a contender. He sounded pretty in parts, but some parts also were a bit off. 6
7. AVALON YOUNG
– Woah! I love me some Avalon but the first half is really off. It is a good thing that she was able to pick it up and the second half somehow saved this performance. Nice tone, nice phrasing but she just really needs to be careful with her song choices. 6.5
6. MACKENZIE BOURG
I See Fire
– His tone is undeniably gorgeous! The song choice suited him well and I love how he managed to keep it interesting without really doing any drastic change with the song. In the end, I thought it was one of the more solid performance of the night. 7
5. DALTON RAPATTONI
Hey There Delilah
– Dalton continues to impress me! I never really consider him before but the recent past performances from him made me think twice. Tonight he showed some confidence on stage and natural charisma. Sure the performance seemed to be a throwaway but it was enough entertainment. 7
4. TRENT HARMON
Like I Can
– Trent has some weird facial expressions when he sings but I don’t really mind because I remember Phillip Phillips pulling some weird faces too before and I loved him! Haha. Nonetheless, I thought this was solid! An acquired taste but I thought his vocals were mostly on point. He took some liberties and the runs were enough – not too much! 7.5
3. OLIVIA ROX
– Gorgeous! It was an underrated vocals yet powerful. You can’t really do anything with this Katy Perry song but somehow Olivia Rox walked by on it and deliver a lovely rendition. 8
2. LA’PORSHA RENAE
– Hm. Okay I may get a flak over this as I thought the performance was too much runs! I love that finally La’Porsha took something current and the liberties she took on the song is really impressive. With that being said, La’ Porsha was a vocal beast and she showed it – effortlessly! It was still a solid, gorgeous vocal performance from her. 8
1. SONIKA VAID
Bring Me To Life
– Surprise! Surprise! Sonika came out alive and gave me what I wanted from her – energy! And she embodied the song’s emotions and her vocals were a bit struggling but I didn’t mind. I was entertained! 8.5