I’ve always said that it seems that Will is out of his element this season or it was just hisbusual self but still he has this unusual choices that I believe only he knows best. Haha.
To me, potential and star quality wise Will has a winner in his side with Tom Rickels whose resemblance with Harry Styles is very evident. But will he took that chance?
Nonetheless, here is how I rank his team.
8. LAUREN LAPSLEY – BROWN
– While she hit some off key verses, there was tenderness to her take that seems to be really good if only she took a more controlled take on her vocals. 6
We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off
– Expected, sang beautifully but nothing really ground breaking. 6
6. TOM RICKELS
– There is an interesting idea in here though the execution fell short. The vocals were shaky but there are also bright spots in here too. 6
5. ELI CRIPPS
Used To Love You
– While I wish there was more attitude or if not it was more intimate, Eli sang a decent cover of this John Legend song. It was simple, okay and passable. 6.5
4. THEO LLEWELLYN
– Is it me or it was too slowed down? But then Theo showed what he does best, connect with his material and the liberties he took were just beautiful! 7
Read All About It
– The rap breakdown is such a good treat from Lyrickal because he doesn’t have the best vocals on the show, so somehow that created a texture on this performance. 7
2. LYDIA LUCY
I Knew You Were Trouble
– The stripped down cover is smart. Albeit some overwrought runs, this was a solid vocal from Lydia showing both her vocal prowess and some chosen intimate low notes. 7.5
1. CHARLEY BLUE
– It was actually difficult to rank Will’s team as I thought there were no exceptional performance but there is for sure a stand out one. For me, Charley stole the show with solid vocals yet showing her personality. The singing wasn’t bad, her tone sounded good and it was an entertaining performance to be honest. 8
WILL’S TOP 3:
Lauren Lapsley – Brown