I was contemplating prior to this if I will be covering the second season of The Voice Kids Philippines and I think season 1 screwed it up real bad. Lol. So for Season 2, I am just doing a wrap-up post of the 15 BEST PERFORMANCES of the season.
In a nutshell, season 2 still has that crappy format, 1 Lea Salonga, 3 annoying hosts, contestants whose names are either hard to pronounce or hard to spell and a reality singing competition milking way too much on the backstory of the contestants. Nonetheless, I was still able to come up the most compelling list that I could get.
Let me just remind you that this is completely subjective so you may and may not agree with me.
Here are the 15 BEST PERFORMANCES of TVK-Ph Season 2.
 ISANG MUNDO, ISANG AWIT
Esang de Torres
– Fun, youthful and solid vocals from Esang. There is clarity in her tone that is admirable. Pretty strong!
– There is a texture in his tone that is interesting. Owen’s vocals were surprisingly solid and I didn’t expect it at all. Strong audition.
 NEXT IN LINE
– While that bridge part destroyed almost the perfect execution of this song, Next in line is the perfect commencement of Sassa’s growth in the competition. Cheesy but solid!
 WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN
– Altair sings the song mostly on key. His high register was good, the low notes were beautiful. He knows his material and he worked on this song like he’s mastered this for a long time.
– Minus the failed whistle and runs, Elha actually performed a solid delivery of this Mariah Carey hit. It was a different side of her, a more up tempo and she gave a really strong and fun side of her. I like this. Simple and compelling.
 WRECKING BALL
– Amira has a nice tone and a really gorgeous voice. Her take on this Miley Cyrus hit is solid and strong. Her vocal choices were on fleek and there is something interesting with her tone.
 I’LL BE THERE
– There is clarity in Francis’ delivery that I like. He managed to take the song with so much ease and confidence. His runs were delicate and spot on. The vocals may not be perfect but it still sounded pretty compelling.
– Zephanie showed a different side of her and even if the vocals were not as solid as when she’s doing ballads, this was still for me a strong performance. She showed attitude, ability and a sass that is very confident. It was a different part that gave us a youthful vibe from her.
 GIVE ME LOVE
– Let me get it straight: The vocals were not perfect and his tone is a good resemblance of that of Bamboo. But here is why I think this audition was strong, Andrew made it sound easy and fresh and he didn’t even do anything. It must be the tone in his voice and the vocal choices he did to make it more textured. Great stuff!
 NATUTULOG BA ANG DIYOS
– Somehow, somewhere, I was captivated with this performance. I was never a fan of Elha but in this song choice, everything just worked together. Her vocals were strong. She didn’t do those unnecessary runs and whistles, her vocals were controlled and she connected with the song so well.
 STAY WITH ME
– The low registers were my favorite. Sim may not know the potential of her voice but those low notes were beautiful and lovely. Then the liberties she took created a different texture in contrast to the original. This is solid and great for an audition piece and she’s obviously nervous which is crazy!
 YOUR LOVE
Kate Campo, Paul Abellana & Elha Nympha
– The harmonies sounded really tight. The individual verses were solid as well. Paul was impeccable. Lovely tone, great command with the song. This is the strongest battle of the season and probably the best one so far in this series franchise.
– Underrated and well deserved. I still can’t believe how coach Lea lets go of him. The song choice is difficult but somehow Luke make it sound easy and lovely. The tone in his voice also worked with the song and unexpectedly at the end of his performance, I was sold.
– Zephanie knows her verses and the way she masterfully sing around the lines of her material is very delicate and soft like butter melting. Her vocals is clear and it sooths you with so much subtlety and quiet power.
 IF I WERE A BOY
– All of a sudden, Sassa exploded on the The Voice stage this evening with fangs and claws all riled up. This girl’s growth is impeccable. That vocal delivery in the first verse is brilliant and when she transitioned to the main verse to the chorus, it was something I didn’t expect she could deliver. It wasn’t the perfect vocal, but it was a compelling one.