The Voice UK is back for a new season. Now coming for its Season 4, the franchise welcomes us with a new coach in the name of Rita Ora.
I had high expectations with this season because last season, we saw in particular pretty stellar casts. The artists were terrific. During the blinds for the season, it showed a lot of promise from individual to duos that showcased a potential that I was ecstatic about.
But then, this franchise of the show just had the worst format. I mean, the mass elimination, the weird three week live shows and a bored Will.I.Am in the panel. Haha.
Nonetheless, even if I don’t totally agree with most of the coaches’ choices during the Battles and Blinds and how they didn’t maximize the power they had, I still think we saw some terrific performances this season.
So with no further adieu, here are the TOP 20 PERFORMANCES of The Voice UK Season 4.
20. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Jake Shakeshaft & Stephen Cornwell
– I still don’t know how Will chose Jake over Stephen. But this performance completely sold me from the good verses and fantastic chorus. Of course, Stephen completely stole the battle towards the end and he has better pitch than Jake. Watch it here.
19. Right Kind Of Wrong
– It was a simple delivery but the grit on her tone made the audition backed up with texture and color. Her vocals were gorgeous and the pitch was nice. Watch it here.
18. She Looks So Perfect
– The stripped down version was a brave idea especially after a series of bombast auditions. But Stephen sang the goodness out of the song and made his voice frot and center. Watch it here.
17. Shy Guy
– At first, I thought this will be completely Karaoke but the fun side of twins singing it, harmonizing when needed and singing the song on pitch is a lovely, welcoming surprise. Watch it here.
– If I am not mistaken, this is an arrangement by PMJ. Mitch has a playful side that completely suit the song and the arrangement made his standout. It was bold, fun and pleasant. Watch it here.
15. Love Runs Out
Christina Matovu & Jade Hewitt
– It worked because there are two powerful divas who didn’t backed down on the challenge and manage to completely outsang each other in a good way. They both held themselves together and the vocals was just a sheer entertaining vocal match. Watch it here.
14. Read My Mind
– Howard to me is an unpredictable artist. But I like him. I was caught off guard when he sang “Proud Mary” during the Knockouts but I liked that, and then he went back caressing every verses of “Read my mind” but still managing to put the Howard stamp on it. Really good! Watch it here.
13. Thinkin’ Bout You
– Despite the nerves, those imperfections in his vocals actually made this performance compelling. It sounded beautiful. He kept the verses cool and he didn’t do the falsettos on chorus but bravely sang it in his reach. This was a solid performance. Watch it here.
12. All Good Things Come To An End
– Hauntingly beautiful! The vocals sounded creepy but in a good way. And as she soar during the chorus with how her voice melts like butter, I was blown away. Watch it here.
11. Hold Back The River
– There’s so much personality in here that we haven’t saw from her in the past weeks. Her voice sounded amazing with the track and she managed to keep it lively with her vocal choices. Plus, she sang the song spot on, performance quality! Watch it here.
10. You Gotta Be
– I loved this! It was simple song for a big voice like Christina but with some tweaks and turns, her vocal choices sounded terrific! It was a solid performance from her. Watch it here.
– It was a great moment for Joe to have restraint and show to the audience that he can really sing. To take this Labyrinth track is scary but he took the challenge and even if the vocals weren’t perfect, he still sound pretty great! Watch it here.
8. My Generation
– I was blown away. The song suited him. The arrangement work for him. The vocals sounded amazing. It had dynamics and climax that when he started reaching that, I was like “Nailed it!”. Howard captured the essence of the song in his own way. Goodness! Watch it here.
– Feisty, slick and entertaining. Who knew Sasha could deliver such. She commanded the stage well and even if her voice falter in some parts, I didn’t mind. It was still a pretty good performance. Watch it here.
6. Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
– This was right in Stevie’s alley. It was perfectly made for him and this reminded us what we fell in love with him during his audition. The vocals were gorgeous. The phrasing is spot on. Great stuff. Watch it here.
5. Glow/Princess Of China
– At paper, the mash-up looked like a bad idea but Sheena made it work. The transition from Glow to Princess of China is so fluid you would think this is just one song. The vocals were terrific and the way she commanded the stage made her look like a guest than an artist competing. Watch it here.
4. Toca’s Miracle
– Great stage presence. Right song. Fantastic delivery. Soaring vocals. Sheena was robbed of a finale slot! Watch it here.
3. Say You Love Me
– Sasha showed restrained and make a remarkable point that she can sing. She nailed this performance with elegance and fantastic vocal choices. Watch it here.
2. Don’t Wake Me Up
– Joe’s weird stage hand movements looked more charming than awkward. It added personality in him that complimented his wonderful vocal performance. He was able to completely keep with the melody and rhythm and sing the song spot on. Watch it here.
1. All I Want
– From the moment Stevie opened his mouth until the last note he sang, Stevie was able to capture. There’s a quiet passion in his delivery that soared together with his almost flawless vocals. It was a lovely interpretation with so much ease and confidence. Watch it here.