This is the first time I’ve covered this franchise of X Factor and surprisingly I enjoyed every bit of it. Of course, there are times that frustrates me because of underwhelming nights but I digress, still love Taylor Henderson. Haha. I usually do list 20 best ones but this time I decide to just have 15 because well, I only have 15 of my (personal) favorite performances this season. Haha
I’ve tried my best not to be extra bias and come up with the most compelling wrap up list for this season. So with no further adieu, here are my 15 Best Performances of X Factor Australia – Season 5.
Here you go..
15. Taylor Henderson
Let Her Go
– The beginning sounded divine. With Taylor’s soothing vocals and acoustic guitar, I could listen to it all day long. There’s a little mishap once the band kick in but then he recorvered beautifully and served us a delicious treat.
Want U Back
– The individual vocals sounded really nice. The rap verses were on point. The other parts were in particular beautiful. They’ve commanded the stage pretty well. The only thing that I thought I didn’t like is when the band is fully on, their voices were kinda drowned out the track. But still this is maybe their strongest performance to date.
13. Taylor Henderson
I Will Wait
– Who would’ve thought that a Mumford and Sons track will work on Taylor? His vocals were nice. There’s a beautiful grit in his delivery that I find really gorgeous. And everything just worked.
12. Third D3gree
‘Til The World Ends
– The remix choice was brilliant. Somehow the individual acts were used perfectly on this Britney tune. The rap verses? Fantastic. Even the other two singers delivered really good job.
11. Jiordan Tolli
– The performance lacks that angst quality that Lorde has but somehow Jiordan made me love her version. It wasn’t a straight on copy but it didn’t really rearrange anything to make it sound polarizing. It was, in the simplest words, a pleasant, charming performance.
10. Taylor Henderson
I Won’t Let You Go
– He begins the song spot on. Whew! The whole thing sounded nice. His vocal choices were delicious. His tone, oh my God!, lovely! I think he is a serious threat on that crown. He is charming, marketable and has a really interesting yet radio pop voice.
9. Dami Im
Bridge Over Troubled Water
– Here’s the thing: It was amazing. The vocals were on point. Her dynamics were incredible. The vocal stylings were gorgeous. But I am with Redfoo here. It is like something I already expected from her. This is great but lacks that extra “uhmp” that will blow me away. But still, this is vocally outstanding!
8. Dami Im
– Her vocals soared like it never really want to fall. The production looked exquisite. Her delivery? Amazing! Probably one of her best performance to date and one of the best of the whole franchise.
7. Third D3gree
– Beautifully done! This group can really deliver. From the individual verses to their harmonies and the rap part? Gorgeous! It adds dynamics that the performance needed.
6. Taylor Henderson
Wake Me Up
– Woah! I never expected this from Taylor. I mean, I know he can sing but to actually work the stage and command it effortlessly is pretty remarkable. Plus, his vocals didn’t suffer to say the least and his pitch was on point all the time. Great stuff!
5. Dami Im
Best Of You
– Minus the weird outfit choice, this is actually a serious revealing performance from Dami. I never expect her to deliver a rock song this well. I mean, her projection was super nice. Her vocals? Right on the money. Everything just worked perfectly. It wasn’t rocked too much neither rocked too less. It has the sense of a bit of both world and yet she delivered an outstanding one.
4. Third D3gree
By The Way
– From the beginning right until the end, I was glued to them. Their individual verses were outstanding. The rap part is seriously delicious and great. The whole production looked legit. Everything just worked perfectly for them this week. This is a really big redemption arc after that horrible performance last week.
3. Jiordan Tolli
– A slow down version could either be a miss or a hit. This is a hit for me! The arrangement celebrated the beauty in Jiordan’s voice. It wasn’t the usual overproduced performance. Therems sensibility, originality and vocal on point in here that made me think that Jiordan could really be a serious contender in this competition.
2. Taylor Henderson
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
– The beginning alone could sell records already. It was beautifully done. His phrasing was fantastic and his nuanced was lovely. The other half when it sounded more like a fusion of country and folk, I felt a bit off, but it somehow manage to create texture in this performance from Taylor. So I digress eventually. Haha. Nonetheless, this is probably his best performance to date and a good showing pre-finals!
1. Dami Im
– WOW. This is VOCALLY STUNNING!