After an underwheling first night, I think I demand for better talents. C’mon Australia, where are the likes of Sabrina Batshon, C Major, Anja Nissen, Robbie Balmer, Kat Jade that stood out last season.
Anyway, I kinda like this dynamic that the new set of coaches are bringing. No bored-look-Will.I.Am. Haha.
Here is how the second night went.
Work It Out
– This girl just showed personality on stage and she worked the audience like she’s been doing this since her birth. Her vocals were decent but I like her bombast qualities. 6.5
Thinking Out Loud
– It was a decent rendition. Ollie studied the song quite well so it shows how comfortable he is with the material. A little whiny quality when he reached the high parts of the song but the overall was quite impressive. 7
One & Only
– While I think Paula sounded better than Clay, it is undeniable that they had some solid harmonies going on. A couple of off pitch notes but most of the time, they sounded really good. 7
– It’s silly sometimes to see a muscled-bad boy looking guy take on a cheesy track. And Scott is one of them. He is indeed a goodlooking guy with some bad boy vibe but when he started singing, you just forget about it. Sure, the pitch wasn’t perfect but Scott’s lovely tone and the ability to connect with the song and audience was quite something to notice for. 6.5
– Lyndall has a lovely voice. But when she overdone her vocal choices and most of them were sharp, she lost me. So I hope Delta would teach her to learn more of her strengths and don’t just do vocal acrobats for fancy. 6
– Lucky brothers scored a big one. True, her performance wasn’t perfect but Amber has some nice vocal choices that sounded pretty. The quality in her vocals sounded pretty. A couple of odd and off pitch notes but the entire performance was quite compelling. She just needs to watch on her nerves. 7