As the end of an era is getting near, the reality competition that started it all is doing its swan song as the final season premiered weeks ago.
Usually, I cover all the auditions episode but I still get emotional knowing that this will be the LAST. *tears* And also due to some scheduling conflicts – busy work. I am still pleased to cover the reality show that I love and love to hate at times and see if the final season will be as good as the early days or if talent is still massive like the usual seasons we had.
I have compiled the best – at least for me – and notable auditions that blew me away as the season started. I wanted to do the city by city episode recap but then I just feel like some of those given with a golden ticket were premature and some good talent were let go. But still this is a good crop of fantastic auditions for American Idol Season 15.
Check them out.
Brand New Kind Of Me
– Gorgeous!!! Hands down one of my favorite auditions this season and probably ever. There is a clarity to her voice that is evident and a richness that is silky and smooth and effervescent. Jessica sounded fantastic and effortless and I just love it.
– When his package says farms and cows and his accent is country, I was so ready to not care at all as I am not the biggest country fan. But once he opened his mouth and begin to sing, boy, Trent Harmon blew me away! It was delicious and delicate and his falsetto is simply gorgeous. The way he navigated his verses was fantastic and his phrasing? oooh lala!
Judges’ Songs Medley
– I would’ve write him as a kiss ass for doing this but I won’t as the audition was just beautiful. The transition from one judge’s song to the other was riveting and Mackenzie had this gorgeous tone that worked on all songs. Beautiful!
Look At Me
– Lovely tone. Gorgeous voice. Fantastic phrasing. Great vocal control. What’s missing? That sense of command that will make you take her notice. But for an audition, this is solid.
– There’s a confidence in him that is undeniable and not cocky which is adorable and admirable. But more than that, Manny actually has a quality in his tone that is nice and compelling. It sounded smooth and lovely. And the liberties he took were pretty good! The runs were delicious.
Why Baby Why
– This reminds me of when Jax (Season 14) auditioned and everything was just set for a front runner status. Deservingly so especially for an audition. Tristan had that emotional connection with the song that transcends beautifully and touches you effortlessly. Her tone is gorgeous. How she navigated the verses were delicate and it was just a simple, lovely performance.
When I Was Your Man
– At first, I felt iffy with how she navigated her verses but then it grew on me and just felt unexplainable shivers. It was in the end a gorgeous piano driven cover – taking each verses with so much delicate carress and he phrasing is sinply beautiful!
– Let’s be real, there is nothing really groundbreaking in this audition from Avalon but the water cooler quality and the effervescent vibe from her quite sold me in. Then to be fair, she sounded gorgeous and had great control to her material. It may be my weakest of the best of my choices for this season’s set of best auditions but I still think this is gorgeous!